Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Waiting list

Apparently lots of people want to go to the Mayo clinic besides me. They're booked through January, so I'm on a waiting list...:(.

In the meantime, the last few weeks I've gradually improved. The first week after the hospital I was still heaving every day, the second week, just really nauseous, third week, nausea was controllable with meds, and this past weekend I didn't take any anti-emetic meds. I still feel iffy, and I'm still eating a low-residue diet, but its a vast improvement.

Two doctors have recently told me that it could still be my gall bladder. My GI doctor also said it was difficult because my symptoms are so similar. I don't feel like all this heaving was from the gastroparesis though. I guess I just have to wait for the guys at the Mayo Clinic to find out. In the meantime, I'm gonna sit to the side and watch everyone eat turkey dinner on Thursday. I'm just happy God has allowed me to be here another day with my family, and the heaving has retreated. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment